PHOENIX – The Arizona Department of Game and Fisheries offers a mobile app to modernize the tagging process for hunters and provide them with additional technology options, streamlining the tagging and harvest reporting process.
The new “Arizona E-Tag” app is available for download from the Google Play and Apple app stores, giving hunters additional flexibility to current procedures for delivering and using big game tags, the AZGFD wrote. in a press release. The mobile app will help bolster hunting data from which biologists make hunting recommendations and the Game and Fish Commission makes decisions.
Hunters who choose to download the app and receive big game tags electronically will be able to:
– receive an electronic copy of big game tags on an electronic device, eliminating the need to keep paper copies.
– electronically tag big game harvested in the field and complete harvest reports.
– consult hunting and fishing permits.
– view and manage licenses, as well as hunting license tags, for authorized dependent accounts.
– choose a material of their choice, such as a flag or tape, to attach a unique validation code (provided in the app during the tagging process) to their animal following a successful harvest.
Tags that were drawn or purchased before downloading the app will not appear as an electronic tag, the AZGFD wrote.
Arizona E-Tag is the result of the department’s tag modernization efforts. “AZGFD is excited to provide the Arizona E-Tag to everyone who hunts and fishes in Arizona as we continue to provide additional value, flexibility and options to our customers,” said Luke Thompson, Division Chief. of the habitat and land evaluation of the department.
The AZGFD mobile application is compatible with Apple and Android products. Visit www.azgfd.gov/hunting and click on the Arizona E-Tag link for more information.