Demolition campaign canceled due to lack of police force – The New Indian Express

0

By Express press service

NEW DELHI: A planned anti-encroachment campaign in the Sultanpuri area, northwest of Delhi, was canceled on Thursday due to the unavailability of adequate police forces, city authorities said. According to a North Delhi Municipal Corporation official, the campaign to remove temporary and permanent encroachment on government roads and lands was planned at Jagdamba market in Sultanpuri.

“The anti-encroachment campaign was supposed to be carried out on Thursday in the Jagdamba market area of ​​Sultanpuri, but it did not take place as we could not get adequate police forces,” the official said, adding that a campaign to remove encroachments had been canceled on Wednesday. also in Sultanpuri fish market area due to unavailability of police forces.

A series of anti-encroachment campaigns have been carried out by the three civic bodies in different parts of the city over the past month, including Shaheen Bagh, Jahangirpuri, Madanpur Khadar, New Friends Colony, Mangolpuri and Rohini.

Last month, the North Delhi Municipal Corporation came under fire from several civil rights groups and opposition parties after it bulldozed structures in the violence-hit Jahangirpuri area during an anti- encroachment. The training was stopped after the Supreme Court intervened.

With the contributions of the agency

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.